ektoplazm

/Turn on, tune in, and PLUR out/

Love it or hate it (I know plenty of people who can't stand it) Psytrance is probably never going away. As long as there are rich uni kids discovering psychedelics and Kombucha on their 'soul searching' gap years, there will be forest parties, overpriced festivals in Europe, and triplets for years to come. Cynicism aside, I actually love the genre and I was once that wannabe hippie who needed to DJ at the next free party but didn't have a source of free tunes or a disc burner (CDJ's still used CD's back in the oughts. Basically, I was a freeloader who needed some good quality bangers laced with samples of Terence McKenna lectures. And the go-to place was Ektoplazm!

In short, Ektoplazm is a free resource portal containing "free and legal psytrance, techno, and downtempo music in MP3, FLAC, and WAV format" As oppose to illegal psytrance and techno I guess. The site is run by DJ Basilisk who's been curating it since 2001. As of 2018, Ektoplazm has stopped updating it's main page with new releases because a new site is in the works which you can support here. DJ Basilisk aims to have it up and running by sometime this summer of 2021.

Happy tune hunting!

Back

TeK_REsource |REsources

Home About Resources Contact